1.15.2013

let's resolve : : December '12 results + January '13

I almost didn't even remember this month's post for Let's Resolve--has it only been 15 days since new year's?  I feel like it's been ages.  Kinda nice, actually, since this year doesn't feel like it's flying by as fast as 2012 did!

1. Complete 1 Corinthians 1 and move on to chapter 2, along with reviewing 1 Timothy.  Sort of...  I finished 1 Corinthians 1, and then I moved on to Psalm 51 instead of 1 Corinthians 2.  And I didn't review 1 Timothy more than once...but once is better than nothing!

2. Write in my journal every day, focusing each day on a resolution from Jonathan Edwards.  I did pretty good with this at first, but ever since I started school again I've had a hard time keeping up with every day.  It's been nice to record a bit of almost every day, though!  And I've enjoyed going intensively through Jonathan Edwards' resolutions--he had such incredible discipline, and he was only my age!

3. Floss.  Every single day.  I think I only missed two or three days!

4. Read at least three good books.  I read "Tramp for the Lord" by Corrie ten Boom, "Kisses from Katie" by Katie Davis, and I'm more than halfway done with "Quest for Love" by Elisabeth Elliot, so I'm pretty proud of myself!  I also finished "All Quiet on the Western Front".  I really enjoyed it!  I'm not very good about reading classics, but I was glad I read this one.

5. Be in bed by midnight every night.  Overall I feel like I did pretty well on this.  There were a couple nights when I stayed up till 2, and then there were nights when I was in bed by 9.  Ever since school started I've definitely been doing great with this goal!

Here's my goals for January to February.

1. Finish memorizing Psalm 51 and move onto...something else.  I'm torn between Psalm 46 and 1 Corinthians 2.  We'll just see what happens!


2. Get up earlier on school days so I'll have time to do my devotions and pray before the day.  I often feel so rushed before we go out the door for the day, but I've found it really calms me to be able to read my Bible and lift up my day before the Lord before heading out.  I need to make this more of a priority!

3. Be disciplined in exercising.  Rachel and I signed up for Planet Fitness and we're going to try to go four days a week before classes.  It's so bitterly cold it's hard sometimes, but we need to do this!

4. Try to complete all my homework during my extra hours at school.  I have tons of extra time several days a week while I'm waiting for my classes to start, and I want to try to focus on getting my homework done then so I won't have to worry about it when I come home.  Also, I want to try to spend more quality time with my family with that extra time I'll have.

5. Get outside and take some pictures.  So far in my 365 challenge I've just stayed inside because it's so terribly cold!  This morning it was -11.  It only warmed up a little bit.  But I want to get outside and actually take some pics of nature.  There's only so many photographic inspirations indoors!

I feel like #5 is kind of a lame goal, but I couldn't really think of anything else.  Oh, well.  We'll see how I do with these!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...